Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Invasion of the Little Einsteins

This is not as scary as Invasion of the Body Snatchers (for those old enough to remember the movie), this is worse!! My son's favorite all time TV show is Little Einsteins on Disney. We watch it everyday, sometimes multiple times per day because of On Demand cable.

Little Einsteins features four children — Leo, June, Quincy, and Annie — along with their intelligent and transformable space/air/water-craft, "Rocket". In each episode they embark on an adventure (or "mission") to solve some problem or help a new friend. These missions take them to far-flung locations including foreign countries and "extreme" environments such as Antarctica, underwater, or outer space. In some episodes, Rocket's nemesis "Big Jet" tries to steal something from them or beat them to a goal. The characters' respective talents and participation of the audience are required to surmount various obstacles to completing the mission. Each episode concludes with a "curtain call" crediting the team members, ancillary characters, and reviewing the featured art and music selections. (from Wikipedia)

My son has 2 Little Einsteins shirts to wear. Guess what he asks to wear EVERY SINGLE DAY? And there are days where he has a complete melt down because the shirts are dirty or I just cannot bear to see him wearing them again. Apparently, I'm not helping break the invasion because yesterday at the Disney store Little Einstein placemats and bowls were 50% off the sale price. I bought the placemat and 2 bowls. Plus, I bought a Rocket plush toy. I can't resist the look on his face when I showed them to him!!

However, that cuteness took a turn for the worse on the drive home from the mall. I hadn't exited the parking lot when my son asked if we could go home and watch Little Einsteins episode Jump for Joey. Here is the conversation (well his side of the conversation because I was in the front seat trying not to pull out my hair)
"Mommy?, mommy, mommy, mommy?"
"what D?" I ask
"I want to go home and watch Jump for Joey" "Jump for Joey, Mommy" "mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy" "Jump for Joey" "Want to watch Jump for Joey"
...repeat about 1 million times!! Seriously he repeated the above for at least 7-10 min. I thought that my head might spin all the way around and I would vomit pea soup. I needed an Einstein exorcist.

So, we got home and I turned on Jump for Joey. don't judge, you would have done it too

1 comment:

  1. Heh, it's not a bad episode ... though, i keep expecting to see Joey jumping up and down via a "popsicle stick" stuck up underneath him :-)

    Maybe you need a Disney intervention? What if you turned on Mickey Mouse before he came downstairs and let it just play. Or, is that just adding fuel to the Disney fire?

    ReplyDelete