Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Return to the gym

Today was the day I returned to the gym after 2 weeks away. UGH! It was painful. While I was excited to return to my daily routine, the punishment my body took makes me question my sanity. I jumped, jiggled and jogged my way through my class....ok, let's be frank....I may have jaunted, definitely jiggled and maybe walked my way through the class, but I made it through the class.

I'm not looking forward to the next few weeks/months. This is the time of year when EVERONE signs up for the gym. I will have to get to the gym early in order to get David into the daycare and to find a parking spot. I will have to elbow my way for a spot in the aerobics room and push mats away during yoga. Through it all, I will breathe deeply and rehearse the following "these people will be gone in March". Cuz as we all know, 90% of people drop out of their resolutions within the first 3 months.

I'm committed. Once I buttoned those smaller sized jeans, I knew that my hard work was paying off. 1 size smaller right now and hopefully in the next month, another size. My moms group is having a weight loss challenge. $10 buy in and the person to lose the largest percentage of weight in the next 8 weeks wins the pot!! $100!! That would go far for contributing to a new wardrobe.

So, I will pop the Advil, take the long hot baths and sweat my way through the oldies, but I'm committed and it will work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment