Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Weekend with the Girls


Catrina, Traci and I have been planning a weekend away for months. It took much stealth planning and caniving between the 3 of us, but it paid off in the end. Many months ago, Traci announced on our Mom's board that her husband would be away last weekend - many people replied that they'd LOVE to go to Puyallup, including myself and Catrina. A month passed w/out mention, but I kept the dream alive and invited Catrina in on it. The Mom's group we were part of collapsed and I knew that everything was going to go on without a hitch. There was just 1 person we were concerned about, Misty. She too kept the dream alive, but Traci, being the awesome person she is, managed to thwart Misty's attempts to visit that same weekend.

I just want to preference, this has been the first girls weekend away for me since having David. When there were no children in the picture, I'd go visit friends every so often...not so since.

Catrina and I left Friday evening and made excellent time to Puyallup. Too good of time in fact b/c we had to stop at a bar to have some drinks before heading to Traci's. See we're not HUGE fans of her husband and he wasn't leaving the house until 8:30...we were in Puyallup at 7!! Catrina and I sat at the bar and chatted over drinks and food. We observed some weird people at the bar and commented on almost all of them. There was extremely tall moms group, the bitchy birthday planner friend and the single guy with 3 beers in front of him. It was fun. We arrived at Traci's and once she put the kids to bed, we pulled out the alcohol. Now you may say "there seems to be an alcohol theme" DUHHHHHHH - it's girls weekend!! We didn't get to bed until 1:30am! Let me state that Catrina and I had to share a blow up mattress on the floor of the office. Catrina is a cover hog.

Saturday was a slow start. We didn't leave the house until almost 11:30 and headed to a mall. Traci has a 10yo, so she was having a great time. We headed back to the house at 4 to get ready for our evening. Felt like college again, 3 girls trying to use the mirror, hairdryer and flat iron. Yes, there was another bathroom, but then we wouldn't have been able to talk, laugh and carry on.

The babysitter came over at 6:45 and we were out the door at 7. We headed to a bar called The Rock. It ROCKS!! They have jello shots in giant syringes and buckets of a rum drink...yes buckets. They look like children play buckets - the drinks even come with shovels. Only 2 buckets per person is allowed. I had 2.5 b/c Traci didn't finish her 2nd.

We got home around 12:30am and Catrina and I proceeded to pour ourselves another drink. Traci was talking with her babysitter friend. Around 1-1:30 the babysitter friend left and Traci said she had to go to bed. Huh? It's GIRLS WEEKEND...there is NO going to bed so early. Off she went. Catrina and I stayed up talking and drinking for another 3 hours. At 4:30'ish we headed to bed, but we didn't sleep right away. We talked and goofed around. I'm surprised we didn't wake up the whole house - 2 very drunk girls talking at night is probably loud. Felt like a slumber party! Again, Catrina is a cover hog. Both nights I ended up waking up shivering and prying the covers out of her hands!!

Sunday was rough. Again, a very late start to the day. I was up at 9:30 and praying that the sunlight I was seeing would just GO AWAY! It hurt me bad. We all did manage to get up and moving, but not until after lunch. We went to a great park where Traci thought that it would be good for Sam to get some energy out. There were hiking trails, but I didn't bring any shoes suited for hiking...who knew?! Poor Traci had the kids to deal with while Catrina and I walked around. We entertained Cassie for awhile, but she was being a whiny 10yo.

Catrina and I left around 4-5pm. It was a fantastic weekend. I would change nothing. It was exactly how I hoped it would be. I hope that my friends feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment