Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mommy of the Year - NOT

Yes, today I win the Mommy of the Year award!! The day started out good. D slept in and wasn't cranky. That all changed at playgroup, but that's for another blog. I had to stop at the store after playgroup, so we got home a bit later than usual.

D was hungry, so I gave him a yogurt. He turned his nose to my suggestions of lunch - PB & J, grilled Cheese, jelly roll up. So I grabbed a small bag of chips and gave him those. Yep, his lunch consisted of yogurt and chips. All well.

After nap, D complained about being hungry, but it was getting close to dinner. I offered him a fruit cup. He ate it happily at the table. About an hour later, I fixed him dinner and then made dinner for ourselves. Matt sat at the table with D while he ate and I chatted with them. It was a Hallmark moment. Matt and I sat at the table to eat dinner, D was then coloring at the table with us. He dropped his yellow crayon on the floor and proceeded to scramble down to get it. I was looking under the table at this very moment to see D pick something off the floor and put it into his mouth. He came up smiling and chewing. WHAT?!? What did he just eat? Dog food? A chip from lunch? (no, the dogs had been in the house since lunch). Matt then spoke up, "oh, it must have been a piece of fruit from ealier."

EEEWWWWWWW!!! With 2 dogs I just naturally assume that they have hoovered the floor for me after every eating time. Apparently NOT. This piece of fruit was well beyond the 5 second rule!! We're talking possible 2 hour mark!

D just smiled at me with juice dribbling down his chin. So, for those of you who were planning on nominating me for Mommy of the Year, please note that my domestic skills are obviously lacking as I failed to notice that there was food on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment