Friday, January 11, 2008

Tornado in Vancouver WA

Yes, it happened and freak January tornado in Vancouver WA. Not only did a real one hit the west side of town (F1 and minor damage, no injuries), but one has also blown through this house and I'm NOT happy about it.

You may think that a 2.5yo can do the destruction I see in this house, but you'd be wrong. Matt has been gone (up at the crack of dawn and out the door, plus gone overnight last night) for most of the week, so I've cleaned this house from top to bottom - floors, toilets, sinks, counters, tables...etc. I had some pent up energy that needed to be channeled and cleaning was the solution. The house was almost perfect - just the minor things scattered here or there from use throughout the day, nothing major that a 5 min sweep wouldn't fix before bed. Matt waltzes into this house at 3pm today and the havoc and chaos I see is maddening. There is, again, work stuff stacked on my dining room table. Not only that, but the padding (shredded newspaper) from within the envelopes that the stuff came in is strewn about my floor!! He then proceeded to unstuff the new "manly" diaper bag he bought the other day and left all the paper in the TV room - along with the bag. Dinner dishes weren't put into the dishwasher, dinner wasn't even put away - I just completed this task. BTW - he's in bed already.

The kicker to my rant - he's going snowboarding all day tomorrow. He'll leave the house around 7am and probably not return until late afternoon. SO, it will be ME to clean up his mess. I'm beyond furious. He even commented when he got home today how nice the house looked and that I've been working really hard all week. DUUUHHHHH!!

Sorry for ranting on my blog, but it needed to be said. Sadly, Matt doesn't read my blog...just my friends. If you call me tomorrow morning and I sound edgy, you'll know what I've been doing....cleaning.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes - I know your pain. The house is clean all week (well - definitely clean by the end of each day) and then the weekend (or family day) comes and BAM. *sigh*

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete