Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Your style

Last night I met Catrina and Jenn at the mall. Catrina HATES to shop and Jenn was trying to help her spend the gift card she received. However, Jenn had an idea to try to change Catrina's style of clothing. It got me thinking about style and our own personal style.

Me? My style is whatever clothes look great on and are completely maintenance free. I don't like to iron, my clothes have to go from dryer to dresser to body. I have been wearing the same style of clothes for many years. My previous company never had a dress policy, so we could wear what we wanted...literally whatever we wanted. So, I opt for jeans and generally a V-neck top...I'm partial to my cleavage. Plus, I think the base of the neck/breast bone area is sexy. Because of my skin tone, dark colors look best on me, so I generally choose browns, blacks and reds. I'm not into frills and fringes for everyday clothing, I never found a reason for that - especially after having David.

You probably will not catch me in baby doll tops, button down shirts, and never pastel colors. I own 2 pairs of pants which are not jeans and 2 dresses saved only for the occasional wedding/funeral (basic black). I don't own any blouses or business suits.

Shoes on the other hand.....I have a very eclectic collection of shoes. I have everything from 4 inch heels to slip on tennis shoes. I prefer slip on shoes/clogs, but I have shoes for every circumstance. I'm glad that wearing heels with jeans came back in style b/c I love that I can wear all of my shoes with any of my clothes.

Clothing styles are what makes us feel comfortable, pretty, sexy, and somewhat define us. I'm easy going and laid back - like the clothes I wear.

1 comment:

  1. Look at you! A blog! Very fun. :) Let me know if you would like me to help you open a new blog with a corrected URL and transfer over the entries. It's super easy when there are only a few entries. :)

    Thanks for telling me about this place. I bookmarked you. :)

    ReplyDelete