Sunday, January 27, 2008

What?!? Am I 12?!

I was talking to my mom today while hunting "the couv" for furnace filters...it wasn't a long conversation. However, during the conversation she stated that she had gone out last night and then asked where I had gone. Apparently, I've been gone a lot lately on weekend nights...which I have, but there have been parties necessary to attend. She was surprised that I stayed home all weekend long.

ANYWAYS, my mom then proceeds to say "I'm going to have to meet these friends of yours" in that tone only a Mother can get. (she's coming out in March) My only reply was "uh...er" DING - I know that there will be a Coffee Clutch during the week she'll be here, so I said "Yes, you'll meet some of my friends" and told her about the Coffee Clutch. She was happy to hear about it, but then realized that only some of my friends would be there. She pressed on with questions: Why only some of your friends? Why not host a coffee 'thing' at your house? Are you embarrassed to have your friends meet me? Or are you embarrassed about your friends? OMG!!! STOP!!!

What she fails to realize is that logistically it would almost be impossible for "all" of my friends to come over or meet her. PLUS, I'm not 12, my friends are just that, mine and there really isn't a reason for her to meet them all. She can learn about them through the stories I choose to tell her. There will be plenty of things for her to do when she visits....meeting all of my friends will be at the bottom of our "to do" list.

1 comment: